Centre of Research Excellence in Stroke Rehabilitation & Brain Recovery
Our Centre of Research Excellence (CRE) brings together the best and brightest in stroke research in Australia. Our researchers are drawn from The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, Newcastle’s Hunter Medical Research Institute and other leading institutions.
The expertise of our researchers covers areas such as neuropsychology, statistics, decision support, rehabilitation policy development and research translation. The key research areas covered by the CRE arebasic science, imaging, clinical trials, implementation research and data linkage.
Hope Through Research
- Improve knowledge about recovery
- Improve patient selection and rehabilitation research methods
- Create training opportunities for clinicians and researchers
- Provide a trials platform to help build clinical trials
- Build a translation community to help drive future activity
- Implement proven cost effective interventions